Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Stromboli


What's better than a stuffed pizza??


Drizzled in Olive Oil and spices...


The steam was so intense it kept on fogging up my lens


Red Sauce on the side



Did you know you can get pizza dough from the store? Well, yes, obviously. But I mean if you ask the guys behind the deli counter they will grab a ball of dough for you. 1.99! Cheap, right? And it's good crust. This stromboli was good, but it was missing something. I wanted a little more flavor. But still very delicious and so versatile. You can put anything you want in it. Oh, garlic. I should have put garlic in there. What I did put in there:

1 small zucchini
4 green onions
1/2 green pepper
Handful of spinach
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Freshly grated Monterey-Jack Cheese
Seasonings

Preheat oven to 350. Chop your veggies and mix with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and spread over your rolled out pizza dough. Roll the pizza dough into a baguette shape. You can cover it with a egg wash to make it look pretty, but it really does nothing for flavor in my opinion. So I mixed EVOO, salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder and Williams-Sonoma Pizza Seasoning in a bowl and spread it on top. Besides adding garlic and I would have added goat cheese, or a stronger cheese than Jack. I cooked it at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment