Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Easy Tuna Salad



I always keep cherry tomatoes around



I could have totally taken a more flattering picture


So remember, I can't cook rice. I think people have realized that some people (like me) lack the rice-cooking skill. Yes, even with a rice cooker. So they made frozen rice that I can toss into my non-stick pot, that is awesomely portioned for two servings and cooks in 5 minutes. Amazing. So I don't have correct portions for this recipe. All I have is:

1 bag frozen rice, cooked, chilled
1 can tuna
2 large handfuls of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tsp. dijon mustard
olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste

Toss together. Done.

A word on ingredients. I am so happy to finally realize the awesomeness of foods I don't like. They can impart flavor while not making your dish taste like one flavor, provided you don't go crazy with it. I think Star Anise is super nasty. But I've cooked with it in thai/coconut sauces and I put it in my cider and it's amazing. Coconut, also nasty by itself, but I've made coconut sauces that I go gaga for. The only spice I am leery of is cinnamon because deep down I truly feel that it does make your whole damn dish taste like fucking cinnamon. And surprisingly I like it. I just don't want every damn bite tasting like it. But really, the point of this narrative is that if you think you don't like something, try it anyways, I think you will surprise yourself. Or, end up throwing away tonight's dinner. Either way, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment