Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Gnocchi, Chanterelle and Peas in White Wine Cream Sauce



The basics: Garlic, Shallot, Butter and Olive Oil


Add Chanterelle Mushrooms


Perfection


Overexposed?


Staring at last nights dinner at 0800 is making me drool. This dinner was so good. I was trying recreate a meal that I had at Fresh Bistro in West Seattle and I rocked it! And by the way Fresh Bistro is an awesome place. This is were Casey and I went to end our detox. Not to say that it is unhealthy. I didn't use any specific measurements, just what I felt needed to be there for my taste buds. I was also consuming a significant amount of wine while making this so my measurements were definitely imprecise.

A few cloves of garlic
1 shallot
a large handful of chanterelle mushrooms
One package of gnocchi
A scattering of powdered sage and thyme (fresh or dry, I only had dry on hand)
Peas (couldn't find fresh at the store) :(
Heavy cream, as needed
White Wine, as needed (I purchased one of those tiny bottles of Barefoot's Pinot Grigio)
Shredded Parmigiano Reggiano


Soften garlic and shallot in pan with butter or olive oil, or both (as was my case). While it is softening boil water in pot and add gnocchi. When gnocchi floats it is done, should take less than 5 minutes. Drain water and add olive oil to the gnocchi pot and brown gnocchi on high heat.
Meanwhile add mushrooms to garlic and shallot. Add white wine, cream, herbs and a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano to taste. Keep on stirring, adding cream, wine and cheese while it evaporates and thickens. Add as little or as much as you want. Cook until the mushrooms are as soft or crunchy as you like and add the frozen peas. Stir for a minute or two for peas to thaw and warm, and add gnocchi. Coat gnocchi with sauce, serve and top with freshly ground black pepper and more cheese.

So damn amazing. I am so glad I made 'too much' (as if there is such a thing?!) and have leftovers in the fridge for lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment