Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jambalaya & Basil Lemonade


Basil Lemonade

This meal marks our fifth day of the detox. To be honest, the jambalaya was a little bland. I usually make it with Andouille sausage, which gives it spice, flavor and the great meaty texture. Apparently I have been relying on it to really 'make' my jambalaya. :( Which I was aware of. I tried to make up for it by adding smoked paprika, chili powder, parsley but it wasn't quite the same. If the jambalaya was so-so everything else was good, especially the atmosphere.

Basil Lemonade:
2 cups water
1 c. basil leaves (roughly)
1 tsp. honey (or more to taste)

Bring water and honey to boil. Stir. Add basil. Set aside until cooled. Ice + basil water + lemon juice to taste = yummy.


A meal for two


Jambalaya

Grape-licious

No comments:

Post a Comment