Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Stuffed Chicken with Sauteed Kale and Chard

This is a pretty awesome way to make chicken. It stays incredibly moist and it is fairly light on flavor. I take a chicken breast and cut it in the middle, stuff it with whole cherry tomatoes, basil and parmesean.







The twine is probably overkill, but what the hell. I drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper and little water and cook covered at 350 for 30minutes. Than I uncover it a cook it until it is done. I had a deadline to meet so I bumped it up to 375 and it was done in 15 minutes.



For the kale and chard. Derib kale and chard, rinse. Cut up a whole lot of garlic and some shallot if you happen to have some on hand. Heat olive oil, garlic and shallot in pan until soft, 3-4 minutes (I may have added a little butter ;). Add kale and chard. Cook until desired softness.


Though I used a lot of garlic for the kale and chard, it lacked a certain flavor. Maybe a little lemon juice?? The stuffed chicken was great though, and so easy to make. So moist and tender. I've made it once before. I like stuffing things in general though, it's like finding a present inside a dead animal. Does it get any better than that? No, I don't think so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment