Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Chicken Soup with Chive Dumplings and a Turkey Heart



Our awesomely gelatinous broth

Celery leaves, chives and parsley

Dumpling Batter

The boiled dumplings

Chicken Noodle Soup, complete with Chive Dumplings and a Turkey Heart




My life has forever changed. We made homemade chicken soup and wow....

It was so ridiculously so amazingly good. There will be no more canned chicken soup in my future. Speaking of which, canned soups have a good amount of BPA in them. Just saying...

So this soup was homemade homemade. Casey made the broth that went into this soup and truly, it's what made this soup so amazing. Funnily enough Case got the chicken carcass from work. It was one of those pre-cooked chickens from whole foods they had for a potluck, and he brought the carcass home to make broth. *sigh* I love that man. The turkey heart I added for me, because I love, love, love hearts. We had a turkey we were brining for Christmas and so...I stole it and added it to my soup.

The chicken dumplings recipe I took straight from Bon Appetite.
The soup was our own invention.

1 leek
handful of carrots
2 celery stalks
3 chicken thighs cut into small bite-sized pieces


As part of the dumpling recipe you end up having a pan with butter in it, which we sauteed the leek and celery in. When that is done grab a pot and add the broth, leeks and celery in. Cook for a few minutes, letting the buttery leeks infuse the broth with awesomeness. Than add the carrots, and eventually the chicken. When the soup and dumplings are done put the dumplings in the bottom of a bowl and ladle the soup over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment