Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Side Dishes

Blanching the green beans

Green bean salad with vinaigrette, dried cherries and walnuts


Brussel Sprouts

Brussel Sprouts, shallots and leeks with butter

White Chocolate Cranberry Pie courtesy of Abby
I feel pretty bad that I didn't take a picture of Casey's baked potato stir-fry. I really liked it. He diced potatoes and baked them with jalapeno, bell pepper and onion. He also made the gravy in a garlic-onion roux. As for my contribution I made a green bean salad and a brussel sprout stir fry. Both were pretty good, though I liked the brussel sprouts much better. Which is good since I bought way too many. I really don't feel like posting the recipe but I linked them. Both recipes are from Bon Appetite, again. The cranberry pie was a pleasant surprise. The only thing I do with cranberries is open the can of jellied cranberry and put it in a pretty dish. Cooking with cranberries is actually totally alien to me. But this was amazing. Not to sweet, but not too tart, and you gotta love the 'yum'. Thanks Abby!

No comments:

Post a Comment