Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Breaded Fish Salad with Warm Shallot Vinaigrette


The detox is over and I jumped into the heavy, sweet, salty, creamy foods that cold, rainy weather demands in full force. It did not agree with me. The more Case and I toss in these Detoxes wether they last a weekend or three weeks the more we realize that we just enjoy healthy foods more and more. Not necessarily even healthy, just not full of crap. We've really enjoyed toying around with gluten free/vegetarian even vegan diets. I am a little worried this might possibly be considered 'yo-yo' dieting and I know that is no good. I don't think Case has anything to worry about but I love me some Pumpkin Spice Lattes and nothing in that is remotely good for you. After a few days of eating out we were both craving some lighter fare. I feel like this dish would be more appropriate for the summer but we were happy to have something refreshing. I went to the farmers market and got these out-of-season ingredients to combat the bad karma of shopping inordinately out of season. I don't know if I am embarrassed or proud to admit that the fish is actually Safeway pre-breaded chili lime frozen fish. It's really tasty.

Salad
Serves 3

1 Large Tomato, diced
4 Radishes, sliced
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1 1/2 c. Frisee
1 c. Boston Lettuce

Warm Shallot Vinaigrette adapted from Real Simple

1/3 c. plus 2 Tb. EVOO
2 Large Shallots, thinly sliced
1/3 c. balsamic vinegar (though it does call for white wine vinegar)
freshly ground salt and pepper

Heat EVOO and shallot in pan until softened. Add vinegar. Heat 1 minute.



No comments:

Post a Comment