Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Garlic Knots

Olive Oil and Spices



The uncooked dough...



...covered in goodness...



...than cooked



Check out that steam action!


I have actually posted these delicious garlic knots before. The picture was so awful and there probably wasn't even a recipe that you skimmed over it. But really these are amazing. They are made from the Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (probably not the best thing for you).
I must confess that I am very particular when it comes to cooking oil. Most of the time we use olive oil, occasionally coconut oil and sometimes butter. Anytime I read vegetable oil or canola oil or anything of the sort I use olive oil. I love olive oil. One day I was making carrot muffins and I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil, it was amazing. The carrot muffins had this slight grassy earthiness that was really different. Though, I admit if I am deep frying I will use some other kind of oil. But only because I am cheap like that. After you use the oil enough you have to toss it, and I just could not do that to olive oil.

Garlic Knots adapted from Real Mom Kitchen

1 can Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits
1/4 c. EVOO
Spices - I used whatever dry spices I had on hand, even some paprika. I would have added parmesan if I had some, but no luck. But, I did have parsley, basil, sage, oregano and garlic powder.

Mix Olive Oil and Spices in small dish. Take biscuit, roll out into small rope, make knot. With pastry brush, cover with olive oil goodness. Bake as directed from packaging directions. (350 @ 15 minutes.)

This is at it's best when dunked in tomato/marina sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment