Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Lettuce Cups

Mushroom, Cashew and Bell Pepper

Chicken Marinating in Tamari, Scallions and Two Thai Peppers

Completed Cups
There is something to be said for a meal that takes a lot of prepping that can be done ahead of time and cooked in 15 minutes. This took a looong time to prep though. Mincing chicken is time consuming. Maybe it was because my knife wasn't sharp enough. Either way this took me like 2 hours to prep and the recipe said 30 minutes. But that's totally fine. It was a labor of love. Truly. And I had plenty of time.
While I added a few ingredients of my own it was missing something. I meant to add shallot and than forgot (probably consciously....all that mincing!) and I think shallot would have been perfect.

Lettuce Cups
Adapted from Bon Appetite


Butter Lettuce Leaves
Dipping sauce (they call for sweet chili sauce, I used peanut)
1 lb. chicken thigh, minced
6 scallions, minced
2 Thai Chili Pepper, minced
2 Tb. Tamari Sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 Tb. Peanut Oil
6 Buttom Mushrooms (It calls for Shiitake), minced
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 tsp. Minced Ginger
Splash of Fish sauce
Handful of unsalted, roasted Cashews

Mix chicken, scallions, thai pepper, tamari and cornstarch in small bowl. Let marinate for 10 minutes at room temp. (I stuck mine in the fridge for an hour). Heat oil in non-stick skillet. Add cashews until toasty. Add mushrooms and peppers, stir fry (it says 15 seconds but I did it for at least a couple minutes, get the mushroom all soft and squishy). Add garlic, ginger and splash of fish sauce and a few minutes later add the chicken. Spoon chicken into lettuce leaves and serve with dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment