Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pink Peppercorn Butter

Adding the ingredients togther

Mixing them all up

Making a roll to refrigerate

Slicing it up


I've been wanting to make a compound butter for awhile now. I thought my first one would be herby. Maybe parsley or chive butter. But I saw this pink peppercorn butter and thought, 'how cute!'
It's pretty damn amazing. The Bon Appetite link has a pan seared steak and red wine sauce with it, which I also did but will be posted later. This recipe was also super fabulous.


Pink Peppercorn Butter
Adapted from Bon Appetite

1/4 c. room temperature butter
1 tsp. minced fresh thyme (I only had dry)
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. crushed pink peppercorn
freshly crushed salt

Mix all ingredients. Place butter on top of plastic wrap. Make a cylinder and refrigerate, but bring back to room temp before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment