Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Apple Pie





Suspicious. You see the white dots in the middle picture? Those are grits. As I write this I realize I don't even know what grits are. This recipe was from a blog claiming that this was "European Apple Pie". I think grits I think My Cousin Vinnie and the deep south. Not Europe. But what do I know? I'm only French. I have mixed feelings about this recipe. If I can remind you I'm not much of a baker for maybe the 50th time. (Though since I've reminded you 50 times, maybe at this point, I should just consider myself a baker.) But the dough was hard to work with at the bloggers own admission. You are supposed to roll it out, and than transfer it to the baking dish, but it breaks down before you can transfer it, so you have to fix it. This sounds like a lot of work to me. I like my baking to be relatively simple. Like a clafoutis. It did taste good, so there is that, but peeling and 'shredding' the apples, good god that took a lot of work. But here it is from The Eccentric Cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment