Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

warm pear + onion spinach salad

to start my blog I wanted a few recipes to know I could actually cook often enough to post 'em. so I have few for my very first posts. i've been seeing copious amounts of pear salads so I wanted to try my own. i don't eat pears nearly often enough. i didn't necessarily base it off any recipe but rather just put together ingredients that I though went well together. i don't think this really needs a recipe. put as much or as little as you want of everything.

-pears (i used Bosc and Anjou)
-red onion
-almonds and walnuts
-spinach
-olive oil-balsamic vinegar
get some spinach in a bowl.
oven+nuts until toasty...keep warm
pan+olive oil+pears+red onion until onions are soft and translucent and pears are soft. place on top of spinach.
add balsamic vinegar to the leftover olive oil in the warmed pan + salt and maybe some pepper, but none for me thanks. don't forget the nuts!
I served this with some warm garlic naan.

No comments:

Post a Comment