Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spanish Cassoulet




Yes! A recipe with that perfect blend of flavors. French of origin with a spanish twist and sauteed in bacon fat. What more could I want?? This was very very loosely adapted from Bon Appetite's Chorizo and Gigante Bean Cassoulet, but I used a lot of stuff I had lying around my fridge.

Spanish Cassoulet

1 leek
1 small yellow onion
2 spicy sausages (Andouille would have been awesome but we had a spicy chicken sausage on hand)
2 can Lima Beans
4 anchovy fillets, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tb. Tomato Paste
1 1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 can diced tomatoes
7 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
Bacon fat

Crumb Topping

Panko Bread crumbs
dried herbs
lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350. Soften leeks and onion in olive oil and bacon fat. Add sausage, cook (My sausage was pre-cooked). Add anchovies and garlic, cook. Add tomato, tomato paste, paprika, diced tomatoes, beans, thyme and bay leaves. Transfer to oven proof dish. Mix ingredients for crumb topping. For the dried herbs I used parsley, thyme and powdered sage. Cover dish with bread crumbs. Bake until crumbs are a golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment